Is your business subject to industry regulations that spill over into the digital realm? If so, you may need a cybersecurity compliance company that can help you meet those obligations to protect sensitive data. Connect with the right company, and you may discover that an obligation met can become a valuable point of differentiation that strengthens relationships and builds value for your organization.
What is cybersecurity compliance?
Cybersecurity compliance simply means following rules and meeting requirements (usually enacted by a regulatory group, industry group, or legislators) to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data stored, processed, or transferred.
Some compliance standards might be familiar:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Why is compliance essential? And how do compliance and cybersecurity overlap?
Compliance regulations protect personal data, intellectual property, and competitive data. By complying, you signal to customers and partners that you respect them. In addition, you avoid fines, lost reputation, and legal actions that come with non-compliance. It’s important to note that compliance certification doesn’t automatically confer cybersecurity. A certified cyber-compliant company can still face cybersecurity risks.
Compliance can be vital in building trust with clients for small and medium-sized businesses. Don’t go through cybersecurity compliance alone. eMPiGO’s consultants will ensure you meet compliance standards that apply to you and develop a robust cybersecurity risk management plan to accompany that compliance. You’ll not only avoid fines and penalties, but you will also prevent the reputational and broad financial harm that such breaches of security create.
OUR COMPLIANCE PROCESS
- We assess your situation accordingly
- Classify risks as those to avoid, those to mitigate, and those to transfer
- Set controls including policies, vendor risk management programs, employee training, and insurance
- Document policies for you to share within your organization
- Monitor and respond