Data has exploded in the 21st century. You may have heard the quote that we’ve produced 90% of all data in the last two years. Or, that we produced an estimated 2.5 quintillion bytes of data every day in 2021. Data, when it becomes filled with meaning becomes information. And how we manage and use the systems that store, retrieve and send information is Information Technology(IT), and IT, by it’s very nature, scale and scope, is a beast.
Information Technology offers tantalizing opportunities for improving productivity, targeting customers, raising levels of service and quality, and a whole host of organizational efficiencies. But managing it can be daunting, at the personal level or at the level of a small or medium-sized business. However, it’s difficult to recruit IT talent. And it’s difficult to retain IT talent. For even the most IT-savvy organization, it’s hard to know exactly what you need.
Managed IT Services to the rescue!
It’s simple – we have solutions! And these are not break, then fix solutions – managed IT services is a proactive approach to outsourced information technology services. Managed IT Services can solve the very real problems of a small or medium-sized business and make your IT position a competitive advantage. Managed IT reduces the high costs of hiring and training new IT staff at a time when the demand for IT talent is higher than ever. Managed IT Services delivers for small and medium-sized organizations in several ways. Managed IT:
- Fills a skills gap. As the needs of your business evolve, your IT needs evolve. Managed IT Services help you hit that moving target effectively and efficiently.
- Saves money. Rent, don’t buy. It’s hard to add full-time IT staff while running a business. Contracting the expertise is a way to save money.
- Increases uptime. With fewer IT-related interruptions, your business can function efficiently and with fewer headaches.
- Builds competitive advantage. Managed IT Service is an incremental improvement that can help you deliver value to your customers.
What are some examples of Managed IT Services?
- IT Support Services. Consultants on call. Rather than trying to figure it out yourself, IT support services that include a help desk can help you troubleshoot 24/7 without hiring for that dedicated position.
- Cloud Services. IT support doesn’t have to be on site. With cloud services, your managed IT services team can monitor and maintain the flow and storage of your data, remotely.
- Private Hosting. Avoid downtime and get the round-the-clock support you need.
- Monitoring and Network Maintenance. Data is protected when your networks are optimized and updated. Managed IT can identify, diagnose and troubleshoot issues before they become security or continuity issues.
Managed IT Services
Managed IT Services is a solution that evolved out of a real and deep need felt by organizations across the spectrum – big, medium, small, centralized, distributed, retail, professional and so on. Its breadth and versatility is a reflection of the ubiquity of information technology in our daily lives and our organizational health and well-being. Managed IT Services are an efficient and cost-effective response to this common need.
Whether it’s being able to reach a knowledgeable voice – one familiar with your IT systems – at any time, or having the security of regularly scheduled monitoring and maintenance without having to hire full-time, Managed IT Services is the proactive solution. Managed IT provides solutions that almost any organization that deals with important data (and that’s almost all of us) can implement.